I worked like crazy to get the quilt finished in time for the shower on Saturday and shockingly was able to finish it Thursday night. I didn't sleep much that week, but it was worth it to get it finished.
Since Becky was having a little girl, I was able to make it super cute. I chose a pale pinky/purple for the main background color and used up an adorable hopscotch fabric in the same color. I quickly made a single single girl ring (the original plan was to make 4, but because of the time crunch I only made one). This was my first time piecing curves, but because I didn't have much time I wasn't able to agonize over it too much and just jumped in. To my surprise it was much easier than I thought! (Maybe now I'll have to courage to finish my king-size single girl quilt). I improv pieced the rest of the quilt top.
For the back, I wanted to make a larger version of the Valentine's block I saw on Flickr. This part definitely took the longest - cutting out so many little 2" squares, laying them out, and piecing them all together. I finally finished up this part of the back late late on Wednesday. Thursday evening I finished improv piecing the back of the quilt, basted it, and quilted it. I really wanted to FMQ this quilt but the reality of time made me reconsider. I was able to hand-sew the binding on Thursday night. Whew - what a week.
It was worth it though to be able to give her the quilt in person and catch up with Stacey that weekend too.